Click Links Below For More Information
Christian Family Services provides several different types of services, including evaluation (homestudy), unplanned pregnancy counseling, court representation, birthparent counseling, post-placement services, birth/adoptive parent meeting facilitation, post-placement correspondence services and reunification facilitation.
CFS provides services to prospective adoptive families in three different types of situations.
• Traditional Adoption Program – includes all aspects of the adoption process, including seeking out and showing profiles to prospective birth mothers
• Independent Adoption Program – includes all aspects of the adoption process except seeking birth mothers; for those who identify their own birth family
• Specific Services – homestudies, post-placement supervision and other services as needed, depending on the circumstances of the adoption; for those who are working with another agency or an attorney
CFS will also provide services to just one party in the adoption triad in situations involving other agencies or interstate adoptions.
Christian Family Services offers a traditional adoption program in which we actively seek out potential birth families and help to match them with prospective adoptive families. As a licensed Child Placing Agency, we are required to adhere to the strict adoption standards set by the State of Michigan. However, as a private Christian agency, we have additional criteria:
• Christians who have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ
• Married for at least two years
• Potential birthmothers inquire about our services and seek profiles of couples who are approved and on our waiting list.
The above criteria do not apply to families seeking services outside of our traditional adoption program.
• Traditional Adoption (includes all services): $11,000
• Independent Adoption (includes all services): $11,000
• Representation of one party in an adoption (includes all services): $5,500
• Adoptive Family Evaluations/Pre-Placement Assessments (Homestudy): $1,650
• Post-Placement Supervisory Visits: $250 per visit
• Homestudy Updates: $600
• Intermediary Services: $850
• All other services: $85/hour
• Mileage charge for all Homestudy/Supervisory meetings: current IRS rates
Please call our office at (248) 557-8390 to request our initial information packet for adoptive families. It will contain detailed information and questionnaires.